1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XTRABYTES.TODAY XTRABYTES Testnet Participants Help Make History

Discussion in 'Blog Posts' started by XTRABYTES, Nov 14, 2017.

1. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

XTRABYTES testnet participants are looking forward to the altcoin’s final round of testing. Designated as a “public STATIC nodes + PoSign” testnet, a small team of developers have configured a small testing infrastructure to simulate live node testing. As the name implies, their goal will be to discover flaws that impede STATIC node consensus. Once the testnet is completed, STATIC node registrations can proceed.

Testnet participation is critical for XTRABYTES continuing development. For instance, TestNet Version 1 set expectations for network speed (10000 transactions per second) and validated XFUEL as secure (20,000 blocks verified without a successful hack). This next TestNet will also reveal XFUEL’s ability to achieve final consensus. Lead Developer Borzalom has stated that additional block elements must be added to XFUEL, yet he has no desire to hardcode these blocks for the sake of easily achieving consensus (as Bitcoin has done, to its detriment).

Moreover, Testnet Version 2 will simulate how the network fares as financial transactions takes place. As these operations are merely a simulation, a separate and alternative blockchain for testing has been created. With an abundance of testers, developers will quickly determine any flaws that exist. In order to fully test network capabilities, Its important that we get as many people involved as possible.

Who Can Participate

We welcome all individuals interested in assisting us in building tomorrow’s technology, today. Aside from having access to a computer, no special requirements exist to become a testnet participant.

Why Should You Participate

By participating in the XTRABYTES Testnet you will be helping our developers make history in the development of a new and innovative blockchain technology. Moreover, the quicker we can test for flaws, the quicker we can get the XTRABYTES network to go live.

XTRABYTES Testnet: Next Steps

If you are interested, please stop by our slack and let us know you’re interested!

The post XTRABYTES Testnet Participants Help Make History appeared first on The XTRABYTES News Blog.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  2. ByteMe

ByteMe Member

I've recently discovered this coin and its the first one i want to get involved with, so i'm keen to help with the testnet. I've been checking your slack link for a few days and it's been down. Is this a temporary thing?

3. enki

enki Well-Known Member Staff Member

The Slack is working. If you want to join the Slack, send a DM to @fish313

4. ByteMe

ByteMe Member

great, thanks

5. MarketFarmer

MarketFarmer Member

I'm looking forward to the next testnet. Proof of tech for the masses will get more people into XBY.

6. Groovy

Groovy Member

do we need a VPS to join the Testnet, I might have one freed up soon?

7. enki

enki Well-Known Member Staff Member

No you don't need a VPS.

8. Groovy

Groovy Member

So we could just run it on our Windows pc? what about a static IP address, or won't it matter if that changes?

9. MarketFarmer

MarketFarmer Member

I don't think it mattered in the last one and I suspect it will be the same for this one.

10. Groovy

Groovy Member

11. MarketFarmer

MarketFarmer Member

Hopefully I'm right...

12. Nimbus

Nimbus Member

Hopefully I can run this on my computer

13. jonnypromise

jonnypromise Member

I think you can run it on pretty much anything providing you have the space ;)

14. Upspwnage

Upspwnage Member

I wish I had more time of else I'd try out the testnet.

15. Mezmon2

Mezmon2 Member

Looking forward to next test. Helped out with the first!

16. Sledhead

Sledhead Member

Awesome to hear test net is ready to roll. Proof of tech will be awesome to propel xby forward.

17. cryptosamuri

cryptosamuri Member

This project is one of the first that has gotten fired up with the direction its going so i will check in with you on slack if you are still in need of testers.