xfuel dumpprivkey does not work

1. Rafal
    December 29, 2017 at 09:23
    after typing in console dumpprivkey <xfueladress>, error message shows:

Private key for address xxx is not known (code -4)

Yes, I am using correct xfuel (not xby) adress

2. Supreme
    Administrator Staff Member
    December 29, 2017 at 10:50
    Hi. Try to unlock your wallet first.

3. Rafal
    December 29, 2017 at 06:28
    I cannot find such a option in xfuel wallet, it is only in xtrabytes wallet

4. Supreme
    December 29, 2017 at 07:45
    There is an Encrypt function. Is you XFUEL wallet encrypted (password protected)?

5. Rafal
    December 29, 2017 at 10:48
    yes it is, right now my wallet is getting bugged all time, maybe that is an issue? I don't want to delete temporary files to not loose access to this wallet
    upload_2017-12-29_23-47-46.png

6. Supreme
    December 29, 2017 at 11:32
    OK, open XFUEL wallet, console, type "walletpassphrase <yourpassword> 120" (without quotes and <> symbols, *120 is 120 seconds, 2 minutes your wallet will be unlocked). And now dump your private key. "dumpprivkey <yourpublicxfueladdress>".

7. yadxam
    December 30, 2017 at 04:41
    "my wallet is getting bugged all time"
    Is it possible there are 2 instances of the XFuel wallet running at the same time? xfuel.exe & xfuel(1).exe

8. Rafal
    December 30, 2017 at 05:48
    @yadxam it is just a diffrent name

@SupremeGoose right now console does not work, bug alert shown above starts immediately after running app. Any possibilities to backup that wallet?

9. yadxam
    December 31, 2017 at 09:31
    @Rafal OK, but just to be certain. Are you running the wallet from a fully extracted folder? I just want to be sure you didn't just double-click on the .zip archive and then click on the xfuel.exe file in the archive display window. You need to fully extract the .zip archive into its own folder, then run the xfuel.exe from the newly uncompressed folder. (You may already know how to do this but I've seen, and done myself, too many simple errors.) Otherwise, I'm out of ideas at the moment as to what might help you.

The wallet file you would need to back up is a hidden file. Make sure you have 'view hidden files' selected in your folder options, then look for an .xfuel folder in APPDATA>Roaming. Inside that .xfuel folder is your wallet.dat file which is VERY IMPORTANT to backup & secure.

10. yadxam
    December 31, 2017 at 09:36
  11. Rafal
    January 3, 2018 at 08:55
    That's an error I receive right now (2secs after starting app, console does not work), as you can see it is not any obvious user error

upload_2018-1-3_21-54-15.png

12. yadxam
    January 4, 2018 at 05:55
    That shows an incoming transaction from 2017-12-14 & your sync'ing at 2 weeks behind. So was your XFuel wallet working before? And now stopped working for you? Maybe something else changed on your system? Could you have maybe accidentally deleted a .dll or other file? Or have you installed other software which might have overwritten something since the last time the wallet worked?

I'm not really a tech guy here on Xtrabytes, just a user trying to help you out.

13. yadxam
    January 4, 2018 at 06:20
    Hold On!

I did a quick web search and this seems to be an occasional issue with Qt style wallets on windows for several different coins. I don't have access to my XFuel installation at the moment so I can't double check this stuff for you but you might try:

-First of all make sure you have your wallet.dat file backed up someplace safe.
    -Make sure your anti-virus program is not blocking xfuel.exe

Then maybe try this:
    Click the Windows Start menu and type cmd into the search box to open a command prompt. In the command prompt, type

cd "\Program Files\xfuel" (or where ever it is you have your xfuel.exe installed then type)
    xfuel.exe -reindex (I'm not certain if the -reindex command is active on the xfuel wallet but I expect is)

That should reindex the blockchain for you. If that doesn't work try looking for an xfuel txleveldb folder (if there is one) in your hidden xfuel data folder, then deleting the txleveldb folder manually & then starting up your wallet. It then should reindex/redownload the blockchain for you.

Hope this helps. Otherwise you can try searching on the web for MinGW Runtime Assertion and possibly find other solutions.

14. Rafal
    January 5, 2018 at 05:32
    yes it was, I haven't changed anything so that is strange, anti-virus is not blocking xfuel

15. Rafal
    January 5, 2018 at 07:35
    Done! I backup a wallet.dat file from %appdata%, deleted rest files, downloadedxfuel wallet once aagain and it works!

16. yadxam
    January 6, 2018 at 01:13
    Great! :smiley:

Sorry you were struggling with that for so long.