What is XBY its all chinese to me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xanthus, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Xanthus

Xanthus New Member

Could someone explain XBY? Cause honestly I'm no tech guy, I'm pretty analytical on economics but I might aswell read a chinese book instead of your website cause I'm not getting it >.<''.

1. What is XBY?
    2. What is it's vision, what does it try to accomplish?
    3. Explain the tech to me as if I'm 5? Please?
    4. I understand its something compartative to waves/ethereum, do we need another platform like this? Waves has a hard job getting projects in where Eth takes it all, isn't the same going to happen to XBY?

Thanks !

2. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

Hi there Xanthus,

You will find most of your answers in our FAQ located right here: https://community.xtrabytes.global/faq/

But as an overview:

1 - XTRABYTES is a new technology for Blockchain built from the ground up. It is not POW or POS it has it's own consensus called PoSign that is faster, more secure and more flexible than things like ETH, BTC, etc.

2 - It's vision is make Blockchain better and fix all of the major flaws in current blockchain tech like transactions per second, security flaws, more energy efficient, etc.

3 - I'm not sure how to do that. There are many layers to XTRABYTES that when all working together make XTRABYTES what it is. Things like PoSign, VITALS, PULSE, STaTiCS, etc.

4 - Waves/ETH have many flaws which makes them useless in the real world things like their transactions per second, ETH is 20TPS we are aiming for 10,000TPS right now. To put that in perspective VISA/Mastercard are considered the bar for real world use and they are 2,500TPS. However XTRABYTES is not just a platform like ETH/Waves, it will have lots more functionality built directly into it's core. Things like X-CHANGE and built in decentralised exchange, X-CHAT a messenger app, X-VAULT with decentralised storage and much more.

cammie16 likes this.
  3. Michael Tipton

Michael Tipton Member

Thanks for the excellent write up!

4. Xanthus

Xanthus New Member

Thanks for the explenation! I also read stuff about Xfuel, what is that?

5. enki

enki Well-Known Member

6. bitemypaw

bitemypaw Member

7. cammie16

cammie16 Member

Hello, thank you for giving us short explanations about all of this. Now I have few knowledge about xby. I should make some more researches. Thanks again

8. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

There is a lot of info here that might help with your research efforts:

https://community.xtrabytes.global/faq/