Wallet still says (out of sync) after done Synchronizing with network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Richards, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Scott Richards

Scott Richards New Member

Hello, I read the other wallet sync issue on this forum page, but mine appears to be different so I figured I would start a new thread rather then tack onto that one. Here is my current issue and what I have tried.

Initially my wallet was synced, today when I logged in I opened it and it said out of sync, and the synchronizing with network bar was green and syncing on the bottom. Once it was finished, the bar dissapeared as usual, but my wallet still says (out of sync) in it. So the next thing I did was delete all of my wallet files except for wallet.dat and I grabbed the most recent windows wallet from the website. I open the wallet and let it sync, this took about 4 hours, and while it was syncing my coins showed next to Unconfirmed. Once the sync bar finished, my coins moved to "Balance:" from "Unconfirmed:" but the (out of sync) red text is still there. Does anyone know how to fix this or what it means? I have quite a few XBY on cryptopia I want to send to my wallet, but I don't want to while it says out of sync, even though the sync bar has completed. Vice versa, am I safe to send XBY out of my wallet while it says (out of sync)? Thanks in advanced for any guidance or help anyone may be able to give me in regards to this matter!

2. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

3. Scott Richards

Will do, I will circle back in a couple of hours after it syncs and let you know if it works.

4. Scott Richards

This indeed fixed the problem after deleting everything except for my wallet.dat file and downloading the new executable. Thanks.

5. Paradis.XBY

Paradis.XBY New Member

Pardon my ignorance, but will the new wallet know what my old wallet was holding? How are the two communicating

6. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

All data is stored in %appdata%/xtrabytes/ (if you are using MS Windows).

So, to upgrade the wallet, just delete an old .exe and open new .exe.

7. Jamo

Jamo Member

Make sure you do not delete your wallet.dat or back up your private key so you can restore your current wallet in the new version of the app.

8. Paradis.XBY

Paradis.XBY New Member

I backed up the wallet on external drive a few days ago... So if i'm to assume this correctly, i can just go into the programs folder, delete the .exe file, download the new wallet, run it -- and it will know what my new balance is by inherently find the .dat file on my computer? It can't be too much more complicated or every person who isn't article on a pc with the old wallet would taking to the streets with Molotov cocktails.

9. Jamo

Jamo Member

I
    I assume this is correct. If it doesn't find your old wallet after installation, copy it back in from your external drive or restore using your private key (which you should also always back up).