Unconfirmed Transaction and No wallet resync

1. ryanv1
    February 4, 2018 at 03:23
    Good Evening, I posted this on the reddit thread but no helpful answers yet.

I recently purchased some more XBY on cryptopia. I've never had an issue withdrawing XBY to my wallet before and transactions always come pretty quick. I sent a withdrawal about 7 hours ago and it showed up as unconfirmed in my wallet and since then my wallet will not resync. I've left it open the whole 7 hours waiting for this transaction to come through (it shows up just greyed out and says unconfirmed). When I explore the transactionID and when I search my address in the block explorer there is no record of the transaction but cryptopia says it has been completed. I'm worried that this withdrawal has been lost for some unknown reason. Is there severe congestion right now causing the delay? Why can't I get the wallet to resync? All help is greatly appreciable.

2. Supreme
    Administrator Staff Member
    February 4, 2018 at 04:22
  3. ryanv1
    February 4, 2018 at 04:39
    I am running 1.3.0.0, I have been running it for a couple weeks now. My wallet has been left open for the past 3 hours and it will not resync. When I ran the walletrepair command I have no issues. On Cryptopia, the transaction ID is not showing in the block explorer. Is this a Cryptopia issue? If so, how would my wallet be showing the exact amount I sent grey'd out and unconfirmed. My wallet appears to not resync no matter how many times I close and reopen the wallet client.

4. Supreme
    February 4, 2018 at 04:42
    Close the wallet, delete everything from %appdata%\xtrabytes but do not delete wallet.dat , open the wallet, wait for sync.

Please post the results here after this actions.

5. ryanv1
    February 4, 2018 at 04:54
    In process of updating. Will update when finished. The correct balance is now showing, albeit unconfirmed so hopefully when it fully syncs it'll be ok.

6. Supreme
    February 4, 2018 at 04:55
    Another solution to try, it might work:

1) Backup your private key.
    2) Close the wallet, delete everything form %appdata%\xtrabytes , including wallet.dat (but please backup, just in case).
    3) Open the wallet, (new wallet.dat will be generated in %appdata%\xtrabytes) import your private key.
    4) Close the wallet, delete everything from %appdata%\xtrabytes but this time do not delete wallet.dat , open the wallet, wait for sync

7. Supreme
    February 4, 2018 at 11:08
    Sync issues has been fixed. Please check your wallets, everything should work fine now.

Unfortunately an issue was on our end. We are sorry for inconvenience caused.

8. ryanv1
    February 4, 2018 at 12:04
    I let the wallet sync throughout the night. I watched it finish its sync this morning and now, instead of the unconfirmed balance I originally had, it has nearly increased to the entire amount of XBY I had initially in my wallet before you told me to delete everything. What's going on? What do I do now, the unconfirmed XBY has increased by a factor of 10! And the wallet is still saying "out of sync" even though I watched it finish updating the blocks.

9. Supreme
    February 4, 2018 at 12:09
    It's normal. Everything should be fine, when the sync is 100% completed.

10. Supreme
    February 4, 2018 at 12:19
    Also just try to restart the wallet, it may help to resolve the sync issue.

11. ryanv1
    February 4, 2018 at 01:59
    We're good. Just finished syncing last few blocks. All funds received successfully. Thanks!