Static Node lvl 1

1. SimonDS
    December 12, 2017 at 08:50
    Any ballpark estimates about how much revenue in % per year nodes of level 1, 2 and 3 will generate?

2. Carlos
    December 12, 2017 at 11:37
    Hey guys, is there going to be a system or process in place for node registration?

Or will it be first in first served?

Cheers

3. Muhammad Haris
    December 13, 2017 at 10:00
    I think its first in first served

4. Muhammad Haris
    December 13, 2017 at 10:01
    It depends on the amount of transaction per year. The amount is shared among static node holders. Proportions are different for L1, L2 and L3 nodes.

5. army49091
    December 15, 2017 at 01:46
    what is a static node and why does it cost like $12000

6. Muhammad Haris
    December 15, 2017 at 09:57
    Static node is like master node on xby network, it serves transactions.
    There are 3 levels of static node. It cost many dollars, it will also make many dollars for you once its operational.

army49091 likes this.
  7. cyb0rg
    December 16, 2017 at 09:51
    is there information on the ROI of the levels of the node?

8. Superd
    December 16, 2017 at 08:52
    And is there a cap on the numbers of L2/L3 nodes ?

9. born2go
    December 17, 2017 at 01:30
    It seems not available now. Trust your instinct

10. XBYToday
    December 17, 2017 at 02:53
    Is the 100K xby fee for L1 still operational?

11. Jay Croft
    December 17, 2017 at 02:57
    Can anyone give me an estimate of what should be the specs for the machine hosting at least the smallest of STATIC nodes? I get the impression that early on you can set a node even on a Raspberry Pi since there won't be any significant workload. But I'm not sure will my PC be able to sustain an increased workload in the future. I'm not planning upgrading it anytime soon, so I had to decide whether I get myself a node or just hodl the coins and hope the price will increase a lot. I could post the specs of my PC if it could help.

Karen Tsang likes this.
  12. NiklasM
    Administrator
    December 19, 2017 at 06:24
    I think in the beginning it will be relatively low impact. But when the transactions start increasing the load will increase as well. But if you would hold a node, the money you get for operating would be enough to upgrade your system on time.

Karen Tsang likes this.
  13. Karen Tsang
    December 24, 2017 at 11:24
    I had the same question, Jay, so thanks for asking, and Niklasmato for chiming in.

I also have 2 questions around requirements and logistics. Couldn't find this info anywhere else.

I'm looking to register a L3 node when it becomes available (just signed up on google sheet).

1) How much do I need to have in my wallet at time of registration for an L3 node? Should it be 500,100 (as it displays) or 125,000 (which would make more sense)? Or up to 150,000 (since max fees are 25,000)? My name is down for the 49th L3 node on the google sign-up sheet; Assuming there aren't other priority-determining lists out there, I should be on the lower end of the 25,000 fees as it's early out of the 2048 L3 nodes?

2) How will we be notified if we have successfully registered to run a node? Discord/Slack/X-whateverchannel/this forum?

Thanks!!

14. bikerleszno
    December 25, 2017 at 12:36
  15. Karen Tsang
    December 25, 2017 at 07:20
    Bikerleszno, I went through all FAQs before posting to avoid wasting people's time. Unless I missed something, there is no mention of where and when the fees (not deposit) would be charged from, and how we would be notified of successful registration.

My two questions still stand.

I also wasn't sure how the team would know I am using xfuel+xby combo if my xby wallet only has xby and the xfuel is in the other wallet.

Thanks.

16. bikerleszno
    December 25, 2017 at 08:03
    Hello,
    If you ask for additional fees when registering nodes, I do not know exactly how they will be charged. One thing is for sure. The registration fee for the first L2 or L3 node will be 0 XBY. The registration fee for the last 1024th L2 Node will be 50,000 xby. For 2048th L3 Node 25000 XBY. The fee will therefore grow from 0 to 50,000 xby or from 0 to 25,000 XBY.

After issuing the XCITE wallet, we will be able to keep xfuel and xby in this wallet together. The registration fee for nodes will also be shown in this portfolio :)

Karen Tsang likes this.
  17. Karen Tsang
    December 26, 2017 at 01:19
    Thank you!

18. 0D2EBones
    December 31, 2017 at 09:54
    tl;dr: What economic incentive exists during the infant stages (months? years???) to justify the expense of registering nodes with this fee structure?

I'm curious about the registration fee. Specifically, the current cost for max L3 registration fee in terms of USD is approximately $9k. Whether or not this is a reasonable amount is open for debate, but let's look at a nice, round, realistic hypothetical example.

If one XBY reaches $1.00USD, the cost for the final L3 node will be $25k.

Now, to get extremely generic, let's suppose that fees are split proportionately with all nodes registered and filled. We will also suppose an initial fee of 1XBY per transaction (before a rising XBY value and dynamic fee structure comes into play).

For each transaction that takes place, one L3 node will acquire .016276 of the fee (so .016276 XBY), one L2 will acquire .032552 XBY, and one L1 will acquire .065104 XBY.

For each final node (the last registered L1, L2, and L3 nodes) to recoup their original node FEE, in terms of 1:1 XBY/USD valuation, there would need to be 1,536,000 1XBY-fee transactions. In time, 1.5 million transactions may not take long to occur across the network. However, at least initially, achieving a volume of 1.5M transactions will not happen overnight.

This may realistically take several years to achieve, considering P2P transfers may be accomplished completely fee-free and private/institutional use will take some time for adoption and growth to occur. Additionally, if we assume that the value of 1XBY increases over time, and that the dynamic fee structure reduces the size of the fee per transaction, that 1.5M transactions may translate to 10M or more transactions eventually required in order to recoup the initial node FEE alone.

Given these considerations, and a not unrealistic expectation of XBY being valued higher than $1USD, I struggle to believe that the registration fee and a long ROI will not be a prohibitively expensive risk to take on.

Could the economic incentives be expanded upon by the team? Is there a realistic scenario that can be described which won't damper the registration of nodes in the near term? Or is it simply expected that it will take years of growth before the nodes are filled out?

19. Jamo
    January 1, 2018 at 05:52
    You have a good point, but there are many people who bought xby for around 2 or 3 cents. For them, owning a node is relatively easy. But for people buying in now, it's out of most people's reach unfortunately. Also, owning a node is supposed to be an elite status, hence the high price I guess. I only bought in recently so it's out of the question for me unfortunately. I think they did restructure the pricing once already, to account for the price increase. Perhaps it will happen again.

20. mrDuesenberg
    January 1, 2018 at 09:11
    Interesting thougts: The price levels make owning a node unreachable for a small investor. That somewhat opposes the philosophy that the xby infrastructure is in need of transaction capacity and investors that are loyal to the community by locking in a certain amount of xby. Maybe it's a good time for staff member to evaluate the different aspects of the (entry leve)l nodes and start look at it as a kind of dividend: Proven loyalty and available capacity of the node of the small investor may give the xby infrastructure lots of stability.