Question re: 50 XBY fee per transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wowsuchcoin, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Wowsuchcoin

Wowsuchcoin Member

Just split some XBY to multiple wallets/pcs and in the process got hit with 50 XBY fees/transfer each time. Doing a couple test transfers before moving large amounts and all of a sudden i'm down hundreds of XBY.

Honestly I noticed the high transfer cost when transferring out of Cryptopia but assumed it was due to Cryptopias fees. I was not however expecting such ridiculousness going from XBY-qt wallet to XBY-qt wallet.

At current rates thats 1.04usd per transfer. How is such a high transfer cost justified? Thats an issue if we expect widespread adoption, especially for such a young project.

2. Fatoshi

Fatoshi Member

Its scalable and will change. We are hardly at widespread adoption just yet. lol

In fact between trusted friends there are plans for zero fees even.

fish313 likes this.
  3. Wowsuchcoin

Wowsuchcoin Member

Where does the fee go? In most fee/transfer scenarios, those go to miners. For a coin that doesn't require mining, that comes across as... well... sketchy.

4. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

Static Node owners, the fees will all be adjust during the big update coming.

5. Wowsuchcoin

Wowsuchcoin Member

roger that. good to know. Will the fees be static or dynamic after this update? Would hope dynamic but interested to hear more. Thanks for the info Yankee.

6. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

Haven't finalised that detail yet but I would hope dynamic to take into account price increases in XBY and so forth

7. Tristan

Tristan Member

Hopefully this is true, static would be a bit odd as the prices fluctuates.

8. doubledale

doubledale Member

I noticed this aswell, but looking forward to the update!

9. GibsBytes

GibsBytes Member

best is to quote in %, but for the start and at current price at exchange 50 is ok for me.

Rocky likes this.
  10. Rocky

Rocky Member

I too stand with you, more than static number, the % will work with everyone..... any how I guess this something need to be voted up with static node owner if not voted with all community members before taking final decision

11. zarf

zarf New Member

Yea, the fee of 75XBY on cryptopia is pretty high..

12. Fearless

Fearless New Member

Yeah, fees are crazy right now. 7.5$ currently to take it out of cryptopia...

13. Rejinderi

Rejinderi Member

they should scale the withdrawal fees according to the price.. :( bittrex had me crazy on withdrawals.. xrp today for instance takes 25 to withdraw.. thats like 20 dollars in my currency.

14. p0st

p0st New Member

I really hope they lower the fees on Cryptopia since 75 XBY is way too much... I'd like to keep them in the XFUEL wallet but I think paying $10 for withdrawal is outreagous...

15. mudiko

mudiko New Member

Transaction fees are at 50 XBY. I hope that we can lower it soon, because It is not healthy to build a big community.

16. trannam

trannam Member

It's insane to pay 10$ for a Tx :(. New comers like me will drop off

17. leo1in88

leo1in88 New Member

i want to know more about this also, you guys promote alot other fuctions but never tell about transaction fee. For me this fee is very high now, 50 xby per tx is unacceptable. Any solution for this?

18. JayMobile002

JayMobile002 New Member

I was charged 100XBY to take it out of Cryptopia that was about 35 dollars in my currency.

19. fish313

fish313 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The tx fee from Cryptopia is 75 XBY, not 100. They have been contacted numerous times to update, but haven't. I apologize for this . . but the tx fee will be reduced in the future.

20. JayMobile002

JayMobile002 New Member

That is good news. I am reading on the forum and I see others who have tons of XBY are there still any chances of getting free XBY from the Staff? If so could you guys send me some I would love to be able to participate in the static nodes but there is no way I could afford that at the moment. If not I will hope the little bit of XBY I have will become worth a lot one day.