1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paper wallet import question (basic question)

Discussion in 'Wallets' started by Crypto&Banter, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Crypto&Banter

Crypto&Banter New Member

Hi guys.
    I'm relatively new to crypto, and so, therefore, have quite a noob question, I've been doing it for less than a year but as of late the relatively modest sums invested have grown a fair bit and I'm therefore more concerned about security than what I previously was. Since my stock of xtrabytes is fairly large I want to put it in a paper wallet since I'm unlikely to want to trade in the near future. What I am wondering is. If I did put my Xtrabytes in a paper wallet, how would I import it back into my wallet on my laptop? is there a very obvious way I've just missed? because I can't seem to find an explanation anywhere. I've never previously operated with a paper wallet and so this is all new to me

Thank you :blush:

2. Jamo

Jamo Member

As suggested in the other thread, you would just use the importprivkey function in the wallet :) I'd suggest making a test paper wallet and testing the import for yourself so you feel comfortable with it.

Crypto&Banter likes this.
  3. Crypto&Banter

Crypto&Banter New Member