1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticky New Forum, TESTNET, Micro roadmap, XBY Paper Wallet, Hackathon Challenge

Discussion in 'News / Announcements' started by XTRABYTES, Nov 15, 2017.

1. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

The XTRABYTES team is pleased to announce that we are ready to move forward with the public TESTNET. Anyone who wants to see PoSign in action, the novel consensus algorithm that is unique to XTRABYTES, may participate by signing up on the new community forum and following the steps provided in the TESTNET section.

The XTRABYTES team has been hard at work behind the scenes creating a dedicated VPS hosted community forum that shares all pertinent information about the platform in one organized location. From announcements, tutorials, FAQs, and chat functionality, anyone can learn about the protocol and join the community.

The XTRABYTES team is giving away 1,000 XFUEL to each of the first 100 full members on the new forum. New members signing up to the forum will become full members after 15 posts and will be eligible for this giveaway. Here is more information on this giveaway.

[​IMG]

The XTRABYTES paper wallet has also been completed, offering another secure way to hold your XBY and keep it safe.

The XTRABYTES Hackathon challenge is still ongoing, as nobody has yet been able to find a vulnerability in the PoSign algorithm and win the 1,000,000 XFUEL prize. With the TESTNET going live, we would like to re-extend this challenge to the hackers out there.

xbyhackthon.jpg

As previously stated by the Lead Developer, Borzalom, upon successful completion of the public TESTNET, all levels of STATIC nodes will be open for registration. In other words, this is the moment that XBY holders have been waiting for, as they can secure their position in the decentralized PoSign network that redefines the blockchain as we know it.

CCRevolution, Arty and fish313 like this.
  2. bikerleszno

bikerleszno Member Staff Member

Great news :) Great info :)

enki likes this.
  3. enervey

enervey Member

New forum looks great! Thanks for all the work you guys put into it. I'll give the paper wallet generator a try ASAP.

4. MarketFarmer

MarketFarmer Member

I really like the look of the forum.

Pi2u likes this.
  5. Groovy

Groovy New Member

Excellent work guys, well done.

6. Delphinus

Delphinus Member

Maybe good to create a "welcome" thread, where we can discuss the forum, look and feel, etc. ?

7. Mightyman

Mightyman Member

Nice work with the forum. Is there / will there be a mobile app for it by any chance?

8. CoingetterD

CoingetterD Member

Super pumped about this new forum none the less the update that was just later Down us yess Great Job!!! Cheers to the whole community testnet then statics

CCRevolution and enki like this.
  9. Stitty

Stitty New Member

Awesome, glad to see a public testnet, great work guys.

enki likes this.
  10. enki

enki Well-Known Member

Mightyman and CoingetterD like this.
  11. ghostwriter82

ghostwriter82 Member

Keep becoming more excited about XBY when I see new things happening :)

12. Upspwnage

Upspwnage Member

This is such a great idea! Now all the info in one place

13. enki

enki Well-Known Member

That's a great idea.

14. Nimbus

Nimbus Member

I haven't checked if this sites mobile friendly, that'll be a big plus for people on the go.

15. CCRevolution

CCRevolution Administrator Staff Member

Just logged in from my phone and I think it looks pretty friendly to me.

enki likes this.
  16. chrisdeslatte

chrisdeslatte Member

Site looks great. Your team did a fine job.

enki likes this.
  17. CCRevolution

CCRevolution Administrator Staff Member

It's our team... the XTRABYTES Community team. Notice how there is no "I" in the word team

We have great talent and leadership here. It's a pleasure being part of the team.

Thank you Chris!

Upspwnage and Sledhead like this.
  18. cau

cau Member

New site looks good!

Going forward, official announcements and dev updates will happen only at this forum or other existing avenues will also get updates as like today?

19. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

Official dev updates and such will most likely be posted in the news section here first so it’s easier for people to keep track of them, that was the main reason for the forum so it makes it easier for people to find the info they need and keep up to date with what is happening. Of course the other channels will still be posted the links to the new info here as well so everyone will hear about whatever the news/update is.

20. cau

cau Member

Thanks Yankee!

I did dig through FAQ section looks to be comprehensive list you guys pretty much consolidated everything over there :)

One quick suggestion here,
    No where we did spoke about listing in other exchanges, yeah I understand we ourselves build our own exchange but somewhere if we could create a separate thread in Announcement section like the list of exchanges were already approached and the list of exchanges that are in pipeline to be approached.

That will be a nice placeholder for everyone and it will bring more transparency among the community too