Need help with wallet.

1. Jorgo676
    December 28, 2017 at 09:19
    Hello!

I have a problem with my wallet.dat. I had a back-up wallet.dat from 6 months ago and It's not working when replaced with original wallet.dat when I installed the new XBY-QT I get the error Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect. I looked around on google but there is not much info how to fix it. The Wallet is fully sync. I don’t have my private key on paper:( please help me!

2. fish313
    Well-Known Member Staff Member
    December 29, 2017 at 05:40
  3. Jorgo676
    December 29, 2017 at 08:58
    I’m not Sure if I did it via the Wallet app.. I think I copy/paste Wallet data file from the xtrabytes app file to USB. The thing is I have around 10 other coins, and did the Same thing with Some of the Wallet data files, and it works with all of them.. Also I tested it back around 6 months ago with the Same Wallet.dat but with the older version of the xtrabytes app. And back then no error. Very strange

4. izzulhazim11
    January 7, 2018 at 04:34
    Hi, I am missing half of the coin.

I purchase XBY in twice at Yobit exchange.

Set up the wallet as per tutorial.

Send few of XBY from yobit to dekstop wallet. This one I am using the address generated from wallet (shortcut - as per tutorial)

Send another to the address from another file which is not shortcut (application type of file) due to misclicked

To my surprise, both the wallet file (the application and shortcut file) showing different amount (one figure from first tx $ another from the second tx) and never be a total of what I had from yobit. Even though when I compared, the address is exactly the same!

What have I done wrong, and which tutorial should I follow?

And now, after a week, I open it, only the amount from the first tx shown..

5. Jamo
    January 9, 2018 at 06:05
    Are you still having this issue?