1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for 3rd party modules

Discussion in '3rd Party Modules' started by XTRABYTES, Nov 14, 2017.

1. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

Share your ideas for 3rd party modules here.

2. Delphinus

Delphinus Member

I think when the tech works, we shouldn't necessarily try to develop these modules ourselves.

Main focus should be on promoting the possiblity to business stakeholders, who can come up with their own ideas.
    Maybe to replace existing loyalty systems for companies?

cau and CCRevolution like this.
  3. cau

cau Member

True! when the tech is out and potential stakeholders more hear about the security and scalability of platform they will take over.

4. Ira Fudmore

Ira Fudmore Member

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean by 3rd party modules. Components of Xtrabytes that we should give hooks into for other developers to entice them onboard? Are there any examples?

5. enki

enki Well-Known Member Staff Member

Take a look at this for 3rd party modules ideas.

https://xtrabytes.global/#dicom

6. BenTiko

BenTiko Member

Hi, is it possible to create a file network like torrent, using a kind of x-vault tech?
    When the overlay network is safe as a VPN connection and the service provider wants it anonymous, so it's possible that nobody can check which user provides any kind of data to the network??

Yankee Ruin X likes this.
  7. BenTiko

BenTiko Member

The DeepOnion team is currently developing a DeepVault technology - providing secure data downloads in the TOR network.
    I had a quick view into the DeepOnion wallet.
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very close to my idea ;)

8. ThatHustlenCheat

ThatHustlenCheat New Member

Anyone have more info on the interpolarity module that Borz was talking about?

9. Ira Fudmore

Ira Fudmore Member

VPN / Tor Module
    • Pay XFuel to the module and you will be able to connect to remap your incoming/outgoing connections

Escrow
    • Seconding the above!

Shared Static Node Service

• A growing trend in the masternode ecosystem is that MNs which belong to high-cap coins eventually become too expensive to actually be purchasable.
      • (See Dash, PIVX, MUE, Crown)
    • Some coins, like Divi and now Crown try to address this by having tiers of node hosting. However, this approach cannot scale to fit any situation.

• Given that we all likely think of XBY as one that can potentially reach the moon, it only makes sense to do the same. Even the lowest tier Static nodes will be several thousand dollars from simply retouching our all-time high of ~0.03 USD.

(After writing the above, I thought it would be difficult to get the idea from the summary so I added some brief details; let me know if more information is necessary)
    • This service requires two or more parties:
      • an Owner
      • Sharer(s)
    • An Owner of a Static node can at any time register their Static node using a contract.
      • Doing this disables their Static Node, and releases their held currencies.
      • This also registers an available Shared Node to the network
    • A Shared Node:
      • Can be any Level: 1, 2, 3
      • Can be specified as homo- or heterogeneous (XBY, or XBY_XFUEL, or others..)
      • Can exist for a set time in blocks, seconds, minutes, days, or months.

• A pay period can occur in blocks, seconds, minutes, days or months.
      • Rewards can be adjusted from 1-100% of actual STATIC rewards to sharer pool
    • A Sharer can be anyone with the appropriate resources to submit to the contract
      • Upon sending resources (XBY, XFUEL, or any future others) to the contract, those resources become locked.
    • When the contract has enough resources for its particular level
      • A notification is sent to the Sharer, who has a fixed time to respond
        • Failing to respond reissues the coins to their sharer owners
    • Every pay period:
      • The contract sends adjusted rewards out proportionally to the sharers
    • Upon extinction:
      • All funds are released to their respective owners
      • The node is deregistered
    • Upon Owner Termination
      • A system notice is sent to all Sharers
      • The node becomes extinct (See extinction)

Shixy, molten and Yankee Ruin X like this.
  10. ian2347

ian2347 Member

3rd party module should be heavily tested and reviewed.
    Following the Coinpouch failure with XVG, whatever you do, check and check again the security to avoid breaches.

For those who don't know, XVG has suffered a 1 million $ steal this month, following a 3rd party Node failure.

11. Silvercaveman

Silvercaveman Member

Some sort of marketplace would be good, and something to do with gaming as well (most games have some sort of in-game currency/transactions). I'm not sure how these things would be implemented, but I suppose these 3rd party modules are the area where we give people a reason to use this platform over all others. On a side note, my wife works in medical records, I could speak to her about how that might work as a module.

12. bikerleszno

bikerleszno Well-Known Member Staff Member

Very good ideas... best one is shared nodes where few people or hundreds people can collect their coins and own node all togheter ;)

BenTiko likes this.
  13. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

This would be great. Because with XBY price rising and rising owning a node in the future will be extremly expensive.

14. Fatoshi

Fatoshi Member

I posted in Core Module section but i'm not sure it posted. But I was saying the more I learn about how RIFD technology is being used by big business as a logistics solution and marrying it with the blockchain I thought its a great fit as a Core Module. projects like Ve Chain are involved. So how about X-Track?

15. Jamo

Jamo Member

How about some sort of language translation service? Users can pay and be paid to translate. Of course a ranking/feedback system would be a must.

16. Javier Pajares

Javier Pajares New Member

Now, KIN token is thinking about migrating from ether to Stellar I think I do not know if they will finally did it. Anyway I think that if the tech is correct and as fast as it is said, many project that already are upgrading can move to XBY BLOCKCHAIN. Just an idea, but maybe we can get projects already axisting and giving them better tech and service

17. Javier Pajares

Javier Pajares New Member

Saving medical data and store it on XBY blockchain and using XBY-CHAT connect the hospitals. INFO + COMMUNICATION HEALTH SYSTEM

Jamo likes this.
  18. mudiko

mudiko New Member

Xtrabytes kitties would be a great idea. People would see how fast and efficent this technology can work.

Jamo likes this.