Tutorial How to Use XTRABYTES Wallet Software

Discussion in 'Manuals / Tutorials' started by XTRABYTES, Dec 6, 2017.

1. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

How to Use XTRABYTES Wallet Software

Once you have installed the wallet and are fully synchronized with the network, you’re ready to send and receive XTRABYTES.
    The wallet contains five main sections:

Overview, Send coins, Receive coins, Transactions and Address Book.

OVERVIEW
    In this section you can see and overview of your wallet’s balance and recent transaction history.

• Balance: Your current wallet balance.
    • Unconfirmed: Transactions sent to you that has yet to be confirmed by the network.
    • Total: The sum of your balance and unconfirmed transactions.
    • Recent transactions: An overview of recently sent and received transactions
    overview.jpg

SENDING COINS
    In this section you can send XTRABYTES to others.

Send coins.jpg
    Pay to: This window is where you put the address of the person you are sending to.
    On the right you have three buttons.
    • The first button is the Address Book. Click this to select a recipient you have stored in your address book.
    • The second button pastes the content of your clipboard.
    • The third button removes the selected line if you are sending to many recipients at the same time (via the Add Recipient feature).
    Label: Use this window if you want to store a recipient's address in your address book for future use. Simply give the address a name by applying a label. When you send XTRABYTES, the address will be added to your address book.
    Amount: The amount you wish to send.
    Add Recipient: Click this window to add another output to your transaction. This is useful if you’re sending to more than one address and want to save on fees by combining them into one transaction.
    Clear All: Removes all outputs from the list.
    Send: Broadcasts your transaction to the network. This cannot be undone.

RECEIVING COINS
    In this section you can create multiple receiving addresses in order to keep your funds more organized.

Receive_coins.jpg

When you first start the wallet software, a receive address will be generated for you. Use this address to send coins from an exchange and receive coins from others. By default this address will be labeled «(No label)».

If you plan to use more than one receiving address, give each one a label to avoid confusion. You can change label names by right clicking the address and select Edit.

New Address: Generates a new receiving addresses
    Copy Address: Copies the selected address to your clipboard
    Sign Message: Allows you to sign a message with your wallet address, can be used as proof of origin/identity.

Note
    Always make a new backup after generating new receive addresses. Your old backup does not necessarily contain this new address.

TRANSACTIONS
    In this section you have a complete overview of all your transaction history, both sent and received coins.

transactions.jpg

You can filter these transactions by transaction time, sent vs received, wallet address and amount to locate a specific transaction.

ADDRESS BOOK
    In this section you can manage your address book. Right click an address and click Edit to change a label name.

Address book.jpg

New Address: Add new addresses to your address book.
    Copy Address: Copies the selected address to your clipboard.
    Verify Message: Allows you to verify a message with from someone in your address book. Can be used as proof of origin/identity.
    Delete: Deletes an address from your address book.

Note
    Any addresses added after your last backup will not be included. If you use this feature and have many addresses saved, it would be useful making a new backup so they are not lost.

Credits: molten

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    NikeNem and fish313 like this.
  2. Arimand

Arimand Member

Exceptionally enlightening! Thank you XTRABYTES!

Jamo likes this.
  3. Matt Klemperer

Matt Klemperer New Member

If you send xby to a wallet before it is fully synchronized, those coins will still be received by the wallet once it is synchronized correct?

Jamo likes this.
  4. Supreme

Supreme Administrator Staff Member

Yes.

Jamo likes this.
  5. Matt Klemperer

Matt Klemperer New Member

Is that true even if I created the wallet today and have never transferred to it before? I stupidly transferred most of my bytes before seeing if the wallet worked.

6. Supreme

The chain will be back to normal state very soon, devs are implementing a fix, and everything should be fine, don't worry.

7. Arimand

Arimand Member

Please can sb tell me if i am to withdraw myt xby coins from cryptopia, which address do I use from my wallet section? the one under the tab "Receive coins", or the one under the tab "address book"?

8. giovinho90

giovinho90 New Member

hi. i sent my xtrabytes on my wallet 1 hour ago before i synchronize it. will i receive my xtrabytes? how does it work to synchronize the wallet? i'm having a lot of problems.

9. giovinho90

giovinho90 New Member

i made the synchronization but my xtrabytes didn't arrive on my wallet. what can i do?

10. Supreme

Don't worry, your coins are safe. Wait, they will arrive.

11. giovinho90

giovinho90 New Member

hi, what's happening? manutention?

12. giovinho90

giovinho90 New Member

i'm waiting from 15 hours,someone can explain what's happening?

13. molten

molten Well-Known Member Staff Member

14. nvtdien

nvtdien New Member

please make video tutorial youtube