How to use the XTRABYTES Community Wallet?

Discussion in 'Wallets' started by Sundego, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Sundego

Sundego Member

Hello,

New to XBY and learning more about it. Bought a small amount of LTC from an exchange and sent it to Cryptopia. Exchanged my LTC for XBY without a problem. I then downloaded (and let sync) the XTRABYTES Community Wallet on my system. I then generated a New Address using the "Receive Coins" button at the tom. I then used that address to test sending XBY from Cryptopia, sending 100 XBY (I believe Cryptopia charges a 75 XBY fee to send, so I expected to have 25 XBY at the end in my wallet).

However, after 14 hours, I don't see anything in my address. When I try blockexplorer.xtrabytes.global and enter my address, it says "Search found no results" for my address. Is this the proper website to use to check my balance?

Seems I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I'm making a mistake? Thank you.

EDIT: Second question, but if I decide to use the official paper wallet, is there any advice you'd give me regarding that? I prefer paper wallets in general and am considering using that.

2. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

Hello.

Please check Cryptopia withdrawals history logs. Did you confirm your withdrawal by email? Can you please make some screenshots from Cryptopia withdrawal history section?

And, please follow this tutorial, we hope you will find it helpfull:

How to exchange BTC to XBY on Cryptopia

Video: Deposit and Withdrawals

3. Sundego

Sundego Member

Whoops. Thank you for your quick reply. I saw the email, but forgot that I needed to click "Confirm Withdrawal" and now it is processing. It was "Unconfirmed" before that, but I think this will resolve my issue as it is now "Pending." Thank you very much for your help!

As a follow-up, am I correct in that blockexplorer.xtrabytes.global is the preferred method to check my address's balance?

4. XTRABYTES

XTRABYTES Well-Known Member

If you are using Paper Wallet Generator, yes, you can use https://blockexplorer.xtrabytes.global to check your balances.

If you are using Downloaded wallet, you will always see your balance when your wallet's sync is compleated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  5. jarl

jarl New Member

Hi. I'm new to this. It will come apparent.

It took quite a while for the wallet to sync. Does one Block equal one transaction?
    And to start a wallet you would have to sync every block from day one?