How to get 3k Participants for the 10k tps test

1. enki
    November 22, 2017 at 12:33
    The marketing team has been assigned a tough task, attain 3k participants for the 10k tps test ASAP.

Anybody have any advice on how to accomplish this feat?

Shixy likes this.
  2. Shixy
    November 22, 2017 at 01:01
    Perhaps link up a bounty program to provide XFUEL for participants who participate..?
    3k is quite a number.

enki likes this.
  3. enervey
    November 22, 2017 at 01:23
    Does it need to be real people? I have some experience with Amazon Cloud Compute spot instances. It isn't very hard to spin up a fleet of VMs that automatically run the same script.

enki likes this.
  4. jcpbs
    Administrator Staff Member
    November 22, 2017 at 01:36
    enki likes this.
  5. enki
    November 22, 2017 at 02:00
    I assume that this would be the plan B, although it may not provide as much valuable info to Borz.

6. Silvercaveman
    November 22, 2017 at 03:10
    I agree that some sort of financial incentive, like offering xfuel, would help get those numbers up. If you did that and then posted on bitcointalk forum and reddit you could probably get up to 3k.

7. ByteMe
    November 22, 2017 at 03:51
    I was just thinking this, however would it be an accurate test if multiple wallets are at the same IP Address, as it's not really simulating the real world situation? Maybe that makes no difference, just asking the question.

8. Fatoshi
    November 22, 2017 at 04:34
    XTRABYTES IS MAKING HISTORY.jpg I think a youtube clip showing set up as most people including me are idiots with computers and will not do it if it looks even slightly complicated. Just record the screen while doing it, nothing fancy.

Then post it on Bitcointalk/Reddit/Twitter as a thread for people to make history with 10000tps. Hey if you don't get the help its some good PR.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    enki likes this.
  9. ByteMe
    November 22, 2017 at 05:43
    Sorry, ignore previous post. You already mentioned that exact thing. I had insomnia last night and was half-asleep when i replied :sleeping:

10. heapd
    November 22, 2017 at 07:41
    It is going to be difficult to get 3K users. It is going to be even more difficult to organise them all. Especially if trying to orchestrate same-time action. I think Plan B is probably wise.
    Otherwise a hybrid suggestion, use multiple VM instances and a bulk proxy service. Sell XFUEL to cover server/proxy leasing cost. Also run the campaign to get users to participate alongside plan B. The campaign is a brilliant piece of PR.

11. ByteMe
    November 22, 2017 at 10:39
    Out of curiosity, can you give an approximate number of participants we have at the moment? How many more do we need?

12. Seb59
    November 22, 2017 at 11:30
    Hello Enki,
    Will the stress test be fully packaged (only a .exe to launch) ?
    In this case, we already had a google doc with all the minerID, we can add a column to see how many people each miner can convince to participate to the tests (friends, wifes, children, ...) (inclunding himself) and see approximatively if it could be enough

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  13. Xanthus
    November 22, 2017 at 01:42
    Well I don't mind helping out, also best is to setup a bounty on BTT for this I suppose. You could advertise but thats way to expensive.
    A general notice on the websites homepage would surely get attention. 3K is a lot of people though? You sure you can't do this with 500? I think you should dissapoint Borz cause that 3k isn't going to happen (imo). Hello btw, just arrived :)

14. ByteMe
    November 22, 2017 at 01:53
    Would it be worth someone writing up a decent overview of the platform and what we're trying to achieve and posting on the main r/cryptocurrency subreddit? There's no shortage of interest in cryptos right now and a bit of attention on the platform and what it's trying to achieve couldn't hurt.

For example i haven't looked too deeply into Iota, but from what i've read, several people have mentioned the fact that there is some kind of support mechanism holding up the network, therefore it is still unproven to a certain extent. If we could highlight that this will be an actual working case proof of a high transaction volume platform, it might peak peoples interest (along with the idea of getting in early and making some nice financial gains, because let's be honest, money is always a great motivator).

And just to be clear, i'm not talking about some shillfest write-up, or anything knocking any other coins, but just an honest, 'this is early days, proof-of-concept testing' type thing.

Anyway, just a thought.

15. enki
    November 22, 2017 at 03:15
    @Yankee Ruin X is making a simplified explanation with screen shots. Pairing that up with a YT video is a great idea.

16. vovannovig
    November 23, 2017 at 05:57
    If you are willing to give a reward, many will launch.
    I can run several dozen wallets on my own servers with different white ip addresses

17. bitemypaw
    November 23, 2017 at 09:52
    Yes, i am totally new to this projekt, since yesterday, but after reading up on it it got me very excited about the projekt, the growing team and the growing community. When/if the stresstest 10k/s is successful, it will be very big news. Listing XBY on bigger exchanges is a must eventually, but i think that it is good to have XBY listed on a big exchange like Bittrex, HitBTC, Polinex before the stresstest is done to not miss out on interest from big investors when the test is done. The current low mcap has only to do with the current exchanges and perhaps to little marketing. So I propose:

1. Donations from community for listning on bigger exchange or Xfuel sale/offer for kapital in BTC for listning on bigger exchange
    2. Xfuel bounty for marketing, best marketing plan and putting into action. Including marketing for the 3000 user test! Bounty bounty for marketing.

fish313 likes this.