How to Export and Import Wallet Address Private keys

1. Jamo
    December 29, 2017 at 11:08
    I don't think it will be possible, sorry. It would defeat the whole purpose of blockchain security. Wallet addresses amounts and transaction details are all publicly known. Therefore anyone could claim it's theirs... The wallet encryption password is also unrelated, I'm afraid. Can someone confirm my thinking? I'm not a dev... Still learning too.

2. TakeSR20
    December 29, 2017 at 04:52
    I was just talking with a dev. Is not possible to recover without wallet.dat file or privkey. One of both would help with this.
    So I can confirm your thinking, which I already had that feeling. So there is a bunch of XBY won´t be moving anymore... :(

3. Jamo
    December 29, 2017 at 11:19
    Thanks for the update. Everyone must remember, always back up your wallet.dat and private key!

4. XBYBOY
    January 13, 2018 at 07:50
    Trying to dump my privkey and I get the error "wallet is unlocked for staking only" any idea how to correct this?

5. roman
    June 18, 2018 at 03:45
    hi where. i have an adress and a private key, from decred wallet, but have no wallet.dat and password, how can i import that adress to a new wallet. decred core installed on windows. I have tried to import privatekey, but it says that adress must be from this "default" account. Please help!

6. Supreme
    Administrator Staff Member
    June 20, 2018 at 01:55
    Hello.

Try to delete everything from %appdata%/xtrabytes

Make sure that you are using the latest wallet version 1.3.0 https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.3.0.0/xtrabytes-qt.exe

Open the wallet.

Import your private key.

And re-sync the blockchain, from block 0 (the manual is here https://community.xtrabytes.global/...allet-faster-with-the-bootstrap-dat-file.436/ )