Video How to Export and Import Wallet Address Private keys

Discussion in 'Manuals / Tutorials' started by XTRABYTES, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Jamo

Jamo Member

I don't think it will be possible, sorry. It would defeat the whole purpose of blockchain security. Wallet addresses amounts and transaction details are all publicly known. Therefore anyone could claim it's theirs... The wallet encryption password is also unrelated, I'm afraid. Can someone confirm my thinking? I'm not a dev... Still learning too.

2. TakeSR20

TakeSR20 New Member

I was just talking with a dev. Is not possible to recover without wallet.dat file or privkey. One of both would help with this.
    So I can confirm your thinking, which I already had that feeling. So there is a bunch of XBY won´t be moving anymore... :(

3. Jamo

Jamo Member

Thanks for the update. Everyone must remember, always back up your wallet.dat and private key!

4. XBYBOY

XBYBOY New Member

Trying to dump my privkey and I get the error "wallet is unlocked for staking only" any idea how to correct this?

5. roman

roman New Member

hi where. i have an adress and a private key, from decred wallet, but have no wallet.dat and password, how can i import that adress to a new wallet. decred core installed on windows. I have tried to import privatekey, but it says that adress must be from this "default" account. Please help!

6. Supreme

Supreme Administrator Staff Member

Hello.

Try to delete everything from %appdata%/xtrabytes

Make sure that you are using the latest wallet version 1.3.0 https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.3.0.0/xtrabytes-qt.exe

Open the wallet.

Import your private key.

And re-sync the blockchain, from block 0 (the manual is here https://community.xtrabytes.global/...allet-faster-with-the-bootstrap-dat-file.436/ )