December 777 Questions for Borzalom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fish313, Nov 28, 2017.

1. fish313

fish313 Well-Known Member Staff Member

enki likes this.
  2. enki

enki Well-Known Member

Here are a few questions from Darthnoodle...

Q1) What if any parts of the XBY network will be centralised? Who owns & runs each section (e.g. VITALS, PULSE, STATIC).
    Q2) With Proof of Signature, how is the key material handled/exchanged and are there multiple root CA’s (e.g. how does XBY handle its PKI)?
    Q3) How do you ensure regular interval blocktimes with XBY & Proof of Signature? What additional consensus parameters are used?
    Q4) How does the consensus protect against byzantine fault tolerance?
    Q5) Will VITALS, PULSE & STATIC nodes have different code bases or will they be the same application with optional paramiters?
    Q6) When will the XCite wallet be released and what functions will it contain?

cau, molten, sporty and 5 others like this.
  3. Delphinus

Delphinus Member

How come our transactions are aiming for VISA speeds while PoS coins / Masternode coins can't even come close to that.

Is it purely the technology that enables that? How can it be so fast?

fish313, enki, Shixy and 1 other person like this.
  4. _Fred Bloggs

_Fred Bloggs New Member

Will the team, including yourself Borzalom, go public with their identities at some point? I believe this could really help with marketing

inthearena and trutbert like this.
  5. enki

enki Well-Known Member

From the FAQs...

The main developer and team prefer to remain anonymous for the time being.

6. Supreme

Supreme Administrator Staff Member

Yes, 100% agree, we know this. And at some point yes, some of the team members will be public, as there are no other options.

trutbert likes this.
  7. Sundego

Sundego Member

Can't hold it against the team for wanting to stay anonymous for the time being. Seems like an unnecessary risk to reveal your identities until "the time is right" or you're at least ready to make a big step in regards to a marketing push.

enki likes this.
  8. Sanchoni25

Sanchoni25 Member

I can't remember if my question has been answered so I'll just ask here: Will some % of the fees for the transactions (and then different services) still go to the community address when the major developement will be completed? I'm asking because I think that a self-funding system is a very good thing to have (see DASH e.g.) :relaxed:

bitemypaw and enki like this.
  9. Delphinus

Delphinus Member

Proof of Signature seems very similar to Proof of Authority networks with a minor proof of stake component. Can you explain the difference?

fish313 likes this.
  10. fish313

From Reddit:

The future of XBY rests on adoption. While XBY's technology is far more innovative and efficient, existing platforms have the advantage of established name/brand with proven track records. Are there currently any plans for XBY to tackle this hurdle?

Mr. Gaffney and maxby like this.
  11. Exrun

Exrun New Member

I don't understand the risk of revealing the team behind the project, but transparency from the team side certainly wouldn't hurt

12. enki

enki Well-Known Member

Regarding a 51% attack. I'm unclear how a single whole out could "fight back" against a hack or takeover of 51% of the static nodes. What exactly gives the single "right" node that power?

inthearena likes this.
  13. maxby

maxby New Member

A question that has not been answered yet is about the static node levels. I hope, Borzalom can respond to it because there seems to be not much public knowledge about this.
    What are the differences between level 1, level 2 and level 3 nodes? A level 1 node requires double the amount of deposit and there will only be 512 level 1 nodes as opposed to 1024 level 2 ones. But are there any other differences e.g. in functionality? What can a level 1 node do that a level 2 node can't? And similarly, how would a level 2 node differ from a level 3 node (other than deposit amount)?

14. NikeNem

NikeNem Member

I think that this month we should make clear all questions people have about the static nodes. Indeed we were told that static registrations are very soon incoming, so in order to get a maximum people interrested to invest for a static node, people need to know at first why they should invest on it.

Shixy, maxby and enki like this.
  15. fish313

From FB: "how exactly is unlimited blocksize possible with ZoltChain and XTRABYTES?"

16. Yankee Ruin X

Yankee Ruin X Well-Known Member

Payouts, basically level 1 will get more than x2 level 2 and level 2 more than x2 level 3. Also it is cheaper to run 1 node vs 2 so thats some extra profit too.

enki likes this.
  17. cau

cau Member

My questions for Borz -

1) How are the scalability issue going to be tackled when third party "DApps" comes into our BlockChain? I mean the DApps coming with serious flaws in code may/ will affect the whole ecosystem adversely. I saw SideChain idea was so novel to tackle the issue.
    2) I see PoSignature is fully developed and it works fine with XFuel. Static Node testing is going on and may be in few more rounds it can be finalized. Based on the development of above two, I assume development of XBY platform for third party developers is near by.... In this case, is there any specific reason why X-Change was placed ahead of Platform mainnet launch. I mean, after Static node launch we can go for mainnet launch and in parallel X-Change can be built as will not be having any developers playing their game.
    3) Are we planning for any developer road show or meetings with developers to bring awareness about XBY. Assuming we are not fully open sourced, I think calling out other crypto developers to do a peer review on the code. This peer review will bring lot of positive note on XBY and their feedback will also bring lot of positive free marketing in the crypto world. I would say, this dare move will do wonders for us without any money being spent on marketing
    4) I see, almost all other platform provider coin do not have ceiling limit but we have. Is there any specific reason in choosing this limit? I mean, assuming no new coins will come into market once all 650M are out, coin price need to be really affordable for developers to build their project right? I am not able to understand how well this situation will arise and how it is going to be handled, especially after node launch expecting a big drop in circulating number of coins.

I will add to the above, if I something more comes into my mind.

18. cau

cau Member

interesting technical questions :)

19. bikerleszno

bikerleszno Member Staff Member

Q6. Please add there will it be possible to manage own nodes or change for example L1 500k node for L1 330+170 node ;) It would be helpfully a lot ;)

20. Aquarius

Aquarius New Member

My question for Borzalom - when is he planning on releasing XBYkitties on the Xtrabytes network?